Technology Challenges in the Financial Industry
A 645-hour program is aimed at computer science students who wish to build a career in the financial sector – banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies, investment funds, clearing houses or institutions such as central banks.
The program spans eight months and includes the possibility to apply for an internship over two months once the program is completed.
The program covers:
- An introduction to the Basics of Economic and Financial Markets
- A presentation of the different market regulators and their role
- Rising cybersecurity challenges
- The rise of Artificial Intelligence with soaring volume of data. The use of algorithms in trading
- Preparing to look for a job in the financial industry: resume, cover letter, interview, preparing a portfolio
- Final project: create a project using the new tools that have been developed with markets’ innovation
- An introduction to the various participants on the buy-side and sell side, investors, brokerage firms, exchanges and clearing houses
- Innovations : the emergence and rise of the cryptocurrencies, led by Bitcoin, and the smart contracts. The emergence of Decentralized Finance (DeFi) and new coding languages