Through the years, The New School Center for Media has developed and refined programs to be consistent with current trends but the basic philosophy of small class size, individual attention and a professional staff has not changed. As with the first graduating class in 1974, graduates are embarking on new careers and aspirations armed with the skills necessary to success in their chosen fields.
Programs at The New School Center for Media
- Video Production and Editing This 600-hour program prepares students to shoot and edit videos as well as create visual content for the Web and a range of digital supports.
- Audio Editing This 600-hour program prepares students for audio recording and editing, including broadcast production, audio production and editing, sound reinforcement, audio-for-video and post-production.
- Software Development for Web applications with Java and Python The objective of this 600-hour program is to teach Java and Python programming at a professional level to create Web applications
- Web Design and Development The objective of this 600-hour program is for students to be able to create Web sites with a full range of content from text to pictures, to videos and basic animation – the communication skills required for a range of digital supports.
- Classes Begin in September and March
- Morning sessions: 8:00 am – 12:30 pm, M-F
- Afternoon sessions: 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm, M-F
- Evening sessions: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm, M, T, Th