Through the years, The New School Center for Media has developed and refined programs to be consistent with current trends but the basic philosophy of small class size, individual attention and a professional staff has not changed. As with the first graduating class in 1974, graduates are embarking on new careers and aspirations armed with the skills necessary to success in their chosen fields.
Programs at The New School Center for Media
- Basic Programing and Systems Administration The objective of this 600-hour program is to teach Java and Python programming at a professional level to create Web applications
- Web Design Technologies The objective of this 600-hour program is for students to be able to create websites with a full range of content from text to pictures, to videos and basic animation – the communication skills required for a range of digital supports.
- Video Production and Editing This 600-hour program prepares students to shoot and edit videos as well as create visual content for the web and a range of digital supports.
- Technology Challenges in the Financial Industry A 645-hour program is aimed at computer science students who wish to build a career in the financial sector – banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies, investment funds, clearing houses or institutions such as central banks.
- Classes Begin in September and March
- Morning sessions: 8:00 am – 12:30 pm, M-F
- Afternoon sessions: 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm, M-F
- Evening sessions: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm, M, T, Th